Arizona Internet Sex Crimes Attorneys
Defense for Online Offenses in Tempe
The term "internet sex crimes" is used to describe a wide variety of behaviors involving sexually-related conduct committed online. A conviction for any offense carries harsh consequences that can impact a person for the rest of their life. Additionally, because many internet sex crimes involve people under 18 years of age, offenses will likely be considered dangerous crimes against minors. Under Arizona law, such a designation means that, upon a conviction, a court can impose longer prison sentences. If you've been accused of an online sex offense, regardless of the charge, Oliverson & Huss Law PLLC is here to help.
Our Arizona internet sex crimes lawyers have handled thousands of cases of all complexities, and we know what it takes to build an aggressive defense. Our team also consists of two former prosecutors, one of whom is also a former judge, which means we have a unique insight into the legal processes. We will leverage this knowledge, as well as our resources and skills, to fight for you every step of the way and to work toward obtaining a favorable outcome on your behalf.
Schedule a free consultation by contacting us at (480) 351-2228 today.
Types of Internet Sex Crimes We Defend
An internet sex crime charge can be overwhelming and frightening. This may be your first brush with the law, and you might not be familiar with the criminal justice process or the methods needed to be employed to protect your rights. You might also be worried about the potential outcome and how it may alter the course of your life.
Understanding the fear and stress people face when accused of crimes, our team provides high-quality, personalized legal representation from beginning to end. We know that a criminal charge does not equate to guilt, and we believe in the presumption of innocence. Our internet sex crimes attorneys in Arizona will work closely with you, learn about the situation from your side, and develop an innovative defense tailored for your needs.
The sex crimes cases we handle include, but are not limited to:
- Commercial sexual exploitation of a minor: This crime involves persuading, coercing, or permitting a minor to engage in sexual conduct to produce a visual depiction of the act. It is a class 2 felony.
- Sexual exploitation of a minor: Also referred to as child pornography, this offense occurs when a person knowingly creates, distributes, or possesses sexually explicit images of a minor. It is also a class 2 felony.
- Luring a minor for sexual exploitation: A person commits this offense when they offer or ask to have sex with a person they know is a minor. This is a class 3 felony.
- Aggravated luring a minor for sexual exploitation: A person may be charged with this class 2 felony if they electronically send a sexually explicit image to a minor and, as part of such behavior, offer or request to engage in sexual conduct with the child.
- Portraying adult as a minor: It's a crime for an adult to portray themselves as under 18 years of age to make a visual depiction of them involved in a sexual act. A person is also prohibited from transmitting, electronically or otherwise, such images. The offense is a class 1 misdemeanor.
- Unlawful age misrepresentation: If an adult uses an electronic device to misrepresent their age to someone they know is a minor to engage in sexual conduct with them, they face a class 3 felony charge.
- Unlawful disclosure of images depicting states of nudity or sexual activities: Often referred to as revenge porn, a person commits this offense when they transmit a sexually explicit or nude image of a person without their consent. If the depiction was sent through electronic means, the crime is a class 4 felony.
Get the Experienced Defense You Need
To aggressively and effectively fight a criminal charge, you need a zealous advocate on your side. At Oliverson & Huss Law PLLC, our Arizona internet sex crimes lawyers work as a team to maximize our efforts and deliver sound legal counsel. We will stand by you, defending you every step of the way.
Learn more about how we can help by calling (480) 351-2228 or submitting an online contact form today.
Over 40 Years of Collective Experience
Over the length of their careers, the attorneys at Oliverson & Huss have helped thousands of people successfully fight their criminal charges.
Former Prosecutors & a Former Judge
As former prosecutors, police officers and judges, our attorneys have experience on all sides of the law. This special insight allows them to better defend your case.
Highly Communicative & Responsive
Our attorneys will work closely with you, diligently keeping you fully informed and updated on your case from beginning to end.
Team Approach to Your Case
At Oliverson & Huss, you get access to three experienced attorneys who work together to achieve the best possible result for you.
When it comes to defending our clients, we believe two heads are better than one. When you hire us, you get a team of attorneys who will look at your case and offer their perspective in an effort to get you the best possible result.